Our Approach is Collaborative, Symmetrical and Cohesive
We are a commercial general contractor that provides CM/GC services to the Colorado front range, Rocky Mountain regions and neighbouring states.
Symmetry Builders provides commercial construction solutions.
Our team is experienced in numerous market sectors and can provide unmatched value in each of them. We focus on helping you create the right project by optimizing all aspects of your pro-forma.
- NCorrectional Facilities
- NData Centers
- NIndustrial and Flex-Industrial Spaces
- NK-12 and Higher Education Facilities
- NLaboratories and Clean Room Environments
- NMid- and High-Rise Developments
- NMixed-Use Developments
- NModular Construction
- NMountain and Resort Projects
- NMulti-Family Developments (Apartments, Condominiums, Row-Homes)
- NMunicipal Facilities (Parks, Fire Stations, Police Stations, Maintenance Facilities, Sports Complexes)
- NOffice Buildings
- NOffice Tenant Finishes
- NPharmaceutical and Healthcare
- NFacilities (Inpatient, Outpatient, Medical Office)
- NRenewable and Sustainable Energy Sectors
- NRestaurants and Hospitality Spaces
- NRetail/Big-Box Shells and Tenant Finishes
- NVeterinary Facilities
We are always looking for opportunities in new market sectors!
About Symmetry Builders
Our company does it a little differently.
WE ALIGN OURSELVES WITH EACH PROJECT’S NEEDS
WE PROVIDE PRECONSTRUCTION SERVICES
Pre-construction is a term commonly used but often misunderstood in the commercial construction industry.
Many construction companies see pre-construction as a pricing process only costing concepts as they’re put on paper. We see pre-construction as a collaborative effort with continual feedback to ensure your project is evolving in-line with your goals. We’re construction experts and we want you to benefit from our experience. We can assist you with:
- Preliminary budgeting.
- Pro-forma assistance.
- Preliminary scheduling.
- Constructability review.
- Early procurement.
- Development requirements.
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) and SketchUp 3-D Modelling & Coordination.
- System(s) life-cycle analysis and recommendations.
- Lot/plot entitlement.
- Complete design & engineering services.
WE ARE ACCOMPLISHED IN DESIGN-BUILD & DESIGN-ASSIST DELIVERY
Our experienced pre-construction team knows how to deliver a design on time, under budget, and in line with the ownership’s requirements.
Harnessing our team’s experience, we often work side-by-side with the owner’s design team (or hire them directly) to develop the project design. As the owner, you benefit from continual general contractor involvement by creating an optimized project design. By utilizing the design-build or design-assist delivery methods, owners benefit from the following:
- Real-time costing feedback.
- Continual value engineering efforts.
- Accelerated project delivery.
- Eliminates value engineering efforts after design is complete.
WE ARE ACCOMPLISHED IN COST-PLUS (GMP) DELIVERY
The cost-plus (GMP) delivery method carries a lot of similarities with ‘design-assist’ but has some inherent differences.
This process typically begins with identifying preliminary project requirements and goals which Symmetry Builders can then use to develop an initial budget. The overall project requirements may change based on this cost feedback. Once the project team is comfortable with the project goals and overall building program, we can develop an Initial GMP (iGMP) that includes set general conditions and fees.
As pre-construction and design progress towards construction documents (CDs,) the team focuses on developing a design that meets the iGMP. Once the team is comfortable with the design, Symmetry Builders develops a Final GMP and begins construction. Throughout construction, the owner is issued monthly invoices including extensive “back-up” from each trade involved in the project. There are additional administrative costs for Symmetry Builders however, some additional beneficial components of Cost-Plus (GMP) are:
- Additional Confidence in Project Costing
- Potential Cost Savings
WE ARE ACCOMPLISHED IN DESIGN-BID-BUILD (HARD BID) DELIVERY
Design-bid-build (hard bid), or sometimes referred to as ‘plan & spec’, projects require a much different approach during the estimating phase of the project.
Our estimating team, which consists of construction professionals, understand project documents, specifications, and overall design intent. First, this team thoroughly reviews all project information and then develops costing for that scope of work. They later identify alternates or ‘Value Engineering’ items for more optimal approaches to the project.